There is a better version of me. I know there is. Everyone has one but it is easy to just ride the wave of good. You know, good, better, best? It’s comfortable being good.
We are not perfect human beings, nor do we have to pretend to be, but it is necessary for us to be the best version of ourselves we can be.unknown
I do not remember a time when I did not want to be better. I’m not sure I always recognized that I was good. This is probably true of most people.
What steps can we take to become the best version of ourselves?
- Recognize where you are now. What are your strengths and weaknesses. Build on your strengths and look for ways to eliminate your weaknesses.
- Make the commitment to change. I think about doing things all the time, like exercise. I think about it, I actually want to and I know I need to. Problem is I have not committed to doing it.
- Develop a plan. Recognize where you are now and what you want to do. Determine what steps to take to achieve your goals. Then start acting on them.
- Have a support system. Tell someone, a friend, your family, your coach or mentor. Discussing your plans and your progress makes it all real. You will benefit from their support and recognition.
- Schedule a time every day to read. Even just 30 minutes a day will be beneficial. Reading is relaxing, it introduces us to new ideas and expands our minds.
- Strive to exercise everyday. Exercise is so beneficial. It is relaxing, it helps us sleep better, makes us stronger mentally and physically. Experts say just 30 minutes a day will help us.
- Determine a time frame to complete your goals. Make sure you are comfortable with it. Realize this should be realistic and flexible. It is important to choose a length of time that is not too short and not too long. If it is too short it may be too stressful and you will think it is unattainable and give up. If it is too long the tendency may be to approach it with an attitude of “it’s okay, I can work on this tomorrow”. With that approach you likely not achieve your plan.
- Celebrate your successes. It is important to acknowledge that you were successful. It makes you feel great and it will reinforces your behavior. Celebrating is a great motivator.
Becoming a better version of yourself is an ongoing process. Develop a plan to get better and do everything you can to complete it knowing when you finish you will be better. Do Not Stop There. Continue to do all the things you were doing.
Life goes on and things change. There will always be reasons to grow, adapt and get better. Always strive to be the best version of yourself.
As always, thank you for reading my blog. Have a great day!