A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events and outcomes. It is a catalyst and it sparks extraordinary results. ~ Wade Boggs
Our attitude is something we carry with us every moment of every day. Do you know what your attitude is? Are you aware of what shapes you and your response to any situation?
When we go to bed each night we take our attitude with us and when we wake up each morning there it is. Our attitude is embedded in our mind and we usually are not even aware of what it is. It colors everything we do.
Think about this. What was your first reaction this morning? Did you think of something positive, was it ho-hum or negative? How did you react to your first interaction of the day? Were you listening to what was being said, truly listening or did you make an assumption based on past experience? Did you feel happy?
We are all influenced by our experiences and we form opinions and automatic responses throughout our life. Our responses are everything. Have you ever thought about how you are responding? Was it positive or negative? When you speak do you watch to see the reactions of other people?
What we say, what we do, and our reactions are what we are presenting to the world. They paint a picture. If you could step away and view yourself through someone else’s eye would you like yourself? Would you want to spend time with yourself?
Our attitudes affect all of our relationships, personal and professional. We all want to be liked and we all want to be successful. Attitude and how we approach each day will have the biggest impact.
Negative or Positive which one do you choose? It is an important choice to make. There is an inner voice that we all listen to. It tells us how to react. We are programmed by our past experiences and influences from other people such as our parents.
The great thing is we can change our attitude. It can be done by making a few choices each day and building from there. So what can we do?
- Talk to yourself. Make positive affirmations a part of your life, each day, every day. When you wake up and greet the day do it with a positive thought. A simple statement such as “Today is going to be a great day” will head you in the right direction. Greet the day with a Smile, it always helps.
- Exercise. If you can, add exercise to your weekly routine, a least 3 days a week, preferably more. You will feel better, look better and you will have a better attitude. Exercise will reduce stress, improve sleep and boost your self esteem. All great for your attitude.
- Be aware of your words and work on changing your vocabulary. Be intentional in how you speak. Practice being positive and using positive words. When someone asks how you are reply with a positive statement. A simple, “I’m Great” is a good answer.
- Quotes: I have said this many times before but it works. Do a search on the internet such as “positive quotes” and you will find so many. Read them each and every day. Pick some favorites and use them. Send them out in emails, post them on Twitter. Be a source of Positive Attitude.
- Visualization: Each day, stop and look for a quiet spot. Sit and close your eyes and visualize yourself being positive. What do you want to improve? At work it could be a work project, a meeting or interacting with your peers. See your self being confident, happy and successful. There is no bad time to do visualization. A great time would be first thing in the morning or at night before you go to bed.
“Keep your thoughts positive, because your thoughts become your words. Keep your words positive, because your words become your behaviors. Keep your behaviors positive, because your behaviors become your habits. Keep your habits positive, because your habits become your values. Keep your values positive, because your values become your destiny.”
Life is about choices and decisions. People are drawn to those people that make them feel good. To feel better about ourselves is what everyone wants so it is natural to gravitate towards positive people. You can be one of those positive people.
Visualize in your mind what you want and then take the steps to make it happen. It won’t happen all at once and sometimes you may falter. Do not stop. Allow yourself to react, then step back and put it in perspective. Learn from it, grow from it and turn it into a positive. Make a routine and follow it each day. Build a positive Life.
As always, thank you for reading my blog. Have a wonderful and positive day.